In order to be eligible to retain a purchase from this Sale to race in Hong Kong, a bidder must be:
- i. A holder of a valid Import Permit (for Privately Purchased – PP or Privately Purchased Griffin - PPG), or
- ii. A holder of a PP or PPG Replacement Permit; or
- iii. Listed on the Reserve and Tender / Auction Lists (for PP or PPG), as published on 10 June 2021 and 5 July 2022.
A purchaser not qualified in any categories listed above will not be eligible to retain the purchase to race in Hong Kong, and must arrange to export the purchase immediately. Any person who is not sure as to his / her status with regards to the above may seek clarification by calling Mr Terry Lam of the Racing Registry at (852) 2966-8770 during office hours.
PLEASE READ THE CONDITIONS OF SALE PRIOR TO BIDDING, AND NOTE, IN PARTICULAR, THE FOLLOWING:
- 1. ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF PURCHASE
After making a successful bid on a Lot, you will be required to complete and sign an Acknowledgement of Purchase Form after the fall of hammer and then to report to the Registration Desk in the Sale venue, within half an hour of the last Lot being sold. Please read and confirm that the Lot number and price shown on the Acknowledgement of Purchase Form are correct before signing. Please print your name, HKJC Membership number and telephone number clearly, since this document will be used for the purposes of transferring ownership, invoicing and publishing results.
- 2. CATALOGUING
- Horses in the pedigrees in LARGE BLACK TYPE are stakes race winners.
- Horses in the pedigrees in Small Black Type are placegetters in stakes races (to third place only).
Stakes-placed winners are also in Small Black Type.
- Stakes races including Group / Graded races, are shown as Gr.1, Gr.2, Gr.3 or L.
- Horses in the pedigrees in LARGE TYPE are winners.
- Flag on each horse indicates the region that horse is being purchased.
- 3. INSURANCE
The Hong Kong Jockey Club (“HKJC”) believes that owners in Hong Kong should insure their horses at all time. HKJC has effected insurance cover for each Lot only until the fall of hammer. A Purchaser who shall have successfully purchased a Lot is required to effect the appropriate insurance cover, including but not limited to "Loss of Use" for the Lot immediately on purchase.
Please find below contact details of independent bloodstock insurance brokers for your reference.
Bloodstock Insurance Brokers
Golden Horse Insurance Brokers Ltd
M. G. Geraghty (Insurance Brokers) Limited
MI Insurance Brokers Limited
Storfield Insurance Consultants Limited
These brokers are neither affiliated with nor endorsed by HKJC, who shall bear no responsibility or liability to any contract undertaken between a purchaser and the broker.
- 4. REPOSITORY / VETERINARY REPORTS
Purchasers are advised to contact the HKJC's Department of Veterinary Clinical Services for pre-export (to Hong Kong) and pre-sale veterinary reports for each purchase prior to the Sale. The Department of Veterinary Clinical Services, Equine Hospital, Sha Tin Racecourse, can be contacted at the following numbers:
Tel: (852) 2966-6898
Fax: (852) 2966-6622
- 5. RISK AND RESPONSIBILITY
The prospective purchaser is to understand that there are risks involved in purchasing a Thoroughbred for racing purposes. A Thoroughbred may suffer unforeseen injuries or ailments or exacerbation of pre-existing conditions post sale due to training or racing stress or other unpredictable circumstances, which shall be of no responsibility to HKJC or any of its acting representatives.
- 6. TERMS OF PAYMENT
- The full purchase price shall be paid to HKJC in cash, certified cheque, traveller's cheque or acceptable cashier order. Means of payment must be notified to the Cashier at the Sale venue within thirty (30) minutes of the close of auction for the last Lot. All payments must be made in Hong Kong dollars. Cheques must be crossed and made payable to "THE HONG KONG JOCKEY CLUB".
- Full settlement must be made within seven (7) calendar days of purchase.
- Payment may be made at the Cashier's Desk at the Sale venue on the day of the auction, or in person at the Cashier's Office at G/F Jockey Club Headquarters, 1 Sports Road, Happy Valley, Hong Kong. Payment may also be sent by post to the Cashier's Office at the Jockey Club Headquarters.
- For the following purchasers who retain the horses to race in Hong Kong, HKJC will collect from them a fee of HK$100,000 as a contribution towards the funding of the retired racehorse programme.
i) Successful applicants from the 10 June 2021 Horse Ballot and 5 July 2022 Horse Ballot.
ii) Persons on the Reserve and Tender Lists (for PP or PPG) as published on 10 June 2021 and 5 July 2022
iii) Holders of any Replacement Permits issued on or after 1 July 2020.
Such fee will be debited from the purchaser’s HKJC membership account.
i) Register online by clicking the “Apply Online” button ; or
ii) Download the PDF form and submit it by ^Fax, Post or email
# Submission period starts from midnight on 6 June 2022, forms received before this period will not be accepted
|Purchaser Registration||Submission Deadlines|
|Breeze-Up||12:00noon on Thursday, 30 June 2022|
|Hong Kong International Sale||12:00noon on Friday, 8 July 2022|
Fax: (852) 2966-7000
Post: Owners Experience Management team, The Hong Kong Jockey Club, 12/F Jockey Club Headquarters, 1 Sports Road, Happy Valley, Hong Kong
Check List for Potential Purchasers
Before the Sale
- Pay attention to the Critical Dates
- Submit the Purchaser Registration Form
After registration we recommend that you
- Attend the Breeze-Up (limited to 4 adults)
- Visit Sale horses at Stable Block 20 (Reservation is required)
- Review Sale Horses’ Veterinary examination records
(To make an appointment, please contact the Veterinary Department: (852) 2966-6898)
- Choose A Trainer
- Consider insurance coverage for new purchase
- Attend the Sale (limited to 4 adults)
Upon Arrival at the Sale venue
- Register at the Reception Desk and obtain a "Bid Card"
After successful in securing a Lot, you are required to
- Complete the Acknowledgement of Purchase Form
- Obtain an Invoice at the Cashier
- Finalize new Lot ownership registration
- Complete the Nomination of Trainer Form
After the Sale
Successful buyers are responsible for
- Arranging insurance coverage for your new purchase
- Arranging payment for your new purchase