The day's festivities will begin at 11:50am in the Parade Ring. Chi Liming, one of “The Four Tenor Kings” of the Shanghai Opera, will lead the singing of the National Anthem, accompanied by the Hong Kong Police Band. Another highlight will be the Head Balance performance of Zen and Martial Arts by the Zhejiang Folk Art & Acrobatics General Troupe, one of the Guinness World Record holders, which is certain to add to the day’s excitement.
First Race: 12:45pm
To mark the National Day, a variety of speciality dishes from famous cities across China will be available throughout the racecourse for your dining enjoyment.
The Hong Kong Jockey Club is honoured to have joined forces with the Xu Beihong Arts Committee to issue a Special National Day Commemorative Gold-Plated Medal and Fine Silver Medal, marking the Hong Kong’s 20th Anniversary of reunification. The coin’s front side is cast with Xu Beihong’s Ben Ma Tu and Li Ma Tu, while the reverse carries The Hong Kong Jockey Club logo and the words “Hong Kong’s Twentieth Anniversary of Reunification” and “The National Day Cup”.
A souvenir cover combining the image of Xu Beihong’s legendary painting Li Ma Tu with 2016/17 National Day Cup winner Amazing Kids will be jointly issued by the Club and Hongkong Post. Each souvenir cover is a truly extraordinary memento.
Themed Merchandise Selling Locations
Sha Tin Racecourse
- Themed Merchandise Sales Counter - Fun Zone (near Gift at Races Flagship Store, 1/F, Grandstand II)
- Themed Merchandise Sales Counter - Members’ Enclosure (1/F, Grandstand I)
- Gift at Races (Paper Badge Betting Hall, 1/F, Grandstand I)
- Gift at Races Flagship Store (1/F, Grandstand II)
- Gift at Races (1/F, Grandstand I)
Selected items available at Gift at Races, Happy Valley Racecourse (2/F, Happy Valley Stand, next to Moon Koon Restaurant and G/F, Public Entrance)
Terms & Conditions
- Each customer can purchase a maximum of three pieces of each item per transaction while stocks last.
- Colour and shape of the products pictured may differ slightly from the actual merchandise.
- The Hong Kong Jockey Club reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time and without prior notice. In the event of any disputes, the HKJC’s decision shall be final and binding.
Visiting Hong Kong as a tourist? Enjoy FREE admission to the Public Enclosure at Sha Tin on October 1, National Day, when showing your passport upon entry to the racecourse!
For tourist who want to know more about the racecourse, please click here to visit HKJC website - Tourist Corner.